Timberline® Ultra HD™ Lifetime High Definition® Shingles
Now get potential energy savings (and even tax credits) when you install GAF Timberline® Cool Series Shingles.
Thanks to modern reflective technology, you can join the green revolution with Cool Series roofing shingles. Our highly reflective shingles can help to reduce temperatures in your attic, so your home will stay cooler in the summer—to save on air conditioning costs.
Simply put, our Cool Series shingles use specially-designed roofing granules that have greater reflectance than traditional shingles. The result is, it minimizes the transfer of heat to the space below—to keep you cooler in the summer.
Not only that, Timberline® Cool Series shingles are made with the patented StainGuard® algae protection to assure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae!
Thanks to the reflective nature of the Cool Series Shingles, part of the heat coming from the sun gets reflected, reducing the heat in the attic, and heat going into the house. It may translate into substantial savings in air conditioning bills.
Cool roofs may save residents an avg. 7-15%** of total cooling costs, depending on geography, structure and climate. In warmer climates, cooling-cost savings may be greater year round.
A cool roof minimizes the solar heat gain of a building by first reflecting incoming sun rays and then by quickly re-emitting the remaining absorbed portion. As a result, the cool roof stays cooler than a traditional roof of similar construction.
*Results may vary by geography, season and property.
**According to Cool Roof Rating Council
A Cool Secret
Roofing granules give a shingle its unique look and tone.
But traditionally, only white shingles have been considered "cool" by energy-saving standards.
Not any more. Thanks to our technology, cool granules are covered with multiple layers of reflective material. That means thousands of mini-reflectors working to make you feel cool!
Trust The Star
Timberline® Cool Series is an Energy Star® qualified roof product. Here's what it means to you:
Saves Money and Energy.
According to the EPA, about $40 billion is spent annually in the US to air condition buildings — one-sixth of all electricity generated in a year! ENERGY STAR® qualified roof products may reduce the amount of air conditioning needed in buildings, and may reduce energy bills.
Downsizes Cooling Equipment.
A reflective roof can reduce peak cooling demand. As a result, the home or building owner may be able to purchase a smaller, more efficient, and less expensive cooling system.
Decreases Pollution in Urban Areas.
Reduced energy demand means less burning of fossil fuels, which results in less pollution from power plants. Also, ENERGY STAR® qualified roof products help to reduce the "heat island effect," in which dark, heat-absorbing buildings and paved areas make the air in urban areas hotter, and more smoggy
May Increase Roof Product Life.
ENERGY STAR® qualified roof products maintain a more constant temperature, reduce thermal shock, and may help to extend the life of the roof.
- Tax Credit: Get up to $1,500 (30% of material cost) back from the government in the form of tax credit on colors that are Energy Star® qualified*
- Energy Savings: Reduce cooling energy consumption by up to 50% depending on geography, structure, and climate
- Rebates: Some utility companies and municipalities will even pay you to switch to reflective shingles*
- StainGuard® Protection: Helps assure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae
- Extended Shingle Life: Protects against harmful UV rays
- Pioneer in Cool Shingles: Market leader for many years—trusted and known by all
- Safer: Class A fire rating from Underwriters Laboratories, the highest rating possible
- High Performance: Designed with Advanced Protection™ technology, which minimizes the use of natural resources while providing superior protection for your home .
- Stays In Place: Dura Grip® adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand winds up to 130 mph.
- Peace of Mind: Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years
- Perfect Finishing Touch: Use premium Timbertex® ridge cap shingles (in the West, use premium Ridglass® ridge cap shingles).
Timberline® Cool Series Reflectance & Emittance Data